AUP 400 - Coast Guard Health and Physical Readiness (HPR)
These standards demonstrate the base level of physical fitness required of a Coast Guard Officer Candidate. As such, the requirements mirror those for Officer Candidate School. Members are required to complete the physical fitness test, 12-minute lap swim, and basic swim. If OCS requirements change, they will supersede the requirements listed here. NOTE: The member may substitute an additional 300-level course for AUP Advanced Track Graduate status; however, any student pursuing a military or law enforcement career are strongly encouraged to complete the PT requirements.
- PT Test
- Complete two-minute cadence pushups. (30 for men, 20 for women)
- Complete two minutes of curl-ups/sit-ups (60)
- Complete a 1.5 mile run (10:59 men, 12:49 women)
- 12-minute lap swim (18.5 lengths men 20-29, 17 lengths men 30-39, 17.5 lengths women 20-29, and 15.5 lengths women 30-30.)
- Basic swim test:
- 60-second back float,
- 10-second prone float,
- 60-second tread water (no hands),
- 10 yds elementary backstroke,
- 25 yds front crawl,
- 75 yd unassisted swim (any stroke),
- 1-meter front dive remain submerged and swim 15 yards underwater.