Subj: LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT GUIDE (LMG) - 03/16
1. The AUP Leadership and Management Guide (LMG) is provided to integrate policy from the Auxiliary Manual and the Auxiliary Operations Manual for personnel participating in or otherwise interacting with the program for AUP operations and administration.
2. Download the Leadership and Management Guide here.
3. This Leadership and Management Guide (LMG) replaces the old Leadership and Management Interim Guidance (LMIG) from September 2013. It is provided to integrate policy from the Auxiliary Manual and the Auxiliary Operations Manual for personnel participating in or otherwise interacting with the program for AUP operations and administration. District Commodores and Directors of Auxiliary have already been told by CG-BSX at NTRAIN to treat this document as if promulgated.
4. Unit Officers and Unit Leaders will ensure that their AUP unit complies with all provisions, effective immediately. In accordance with their role as local program managers for AUP, Unit Officers will share this information with their sponsoring FC or DCDR, who we expect will also receive this information from their elected COL now that it has been distributed.
5. The LMG, Chapter 1, Section B specifies that all AUP units must be either a flotilla or flotilla detachment as defined by the Auxiliary Manual, Chapter 4. Because this is a new requirement, AUP units that existed prior to 1 February 2016 will have until 1 January 2017 to obtain recognition from their district and then organize as a detachment or separate flotilla in accordance with the AUXMAN.
6. BC-SUP sends.
This mailing list is a one-way list from the Auxiliary University Programs (AUP) Division to all AUP students, staff, and instructors. Questions need to be routed through the appropriate Chain of Leadership and Management. Unit Officers and/or Unit Leaders are responsible for promoting transparency and timely flow of information by sharing this information with their immediate elected leadership.